Sunday, May 10, 2015

Animal Makeup

We were challenged to make an animal makeup that lined up with our facial features, making it a functional makeup. I chose to do a Northern Saw-whet owl, as their faces are more flat, which makes them able to line up well with human features. Also, they're darn cute, and always look either incredibly surprised, or overly suspicious, which makes them absolutely irresistible.

My research photos:





Yeah, I know it's the cutest thing ever.
For this makeup I used black, white, dark brown, medium brown, and yellow cream makeup. I had difficulty with the beak, as it was supposed to line up with my mouth, but on the bird it starts at about the bottom of the eyes of the owl. This made it look too long when on my actual face.
I tried to use quick strokes in the different colors, as well as blurring the lines between colors to create a softer look, akin to feathers.
How it turned out:














No comments:

Post a Comment