Sunday, May 10, 2015

Facial Hair

This week, we focused on facial hair. Beards and mustaches. To apply facial hair, we used crepe hair and spirit gum. As the crepe hair comes braided, I had to try and get it to relax for use. Since I didn't have an iron, I made a cup of tea and held the hair in the steam, which helped a little. I would highly recommend using an iron if you have one.
To apply a beard, start in the middle at the bottom of the area you will be covering. work your way outward and upward from there, in an inverse U shape. For a mustache, work from the center out and downward. Note where there are gaps in a natural beard.
In my makeup, I used a picture of my father rafting the Grand Canyon as my guide to where his facial hair grows.
For this makeup, I used crepe hair, foundation, character shadow, highlight, Ben Nye's "Snow White," eyeliner, and a stubble brush with more character shadow.








No comments:

Post a Comment