Sunday, May 10, 2015

Historical Makeup

We were challenged to complete a historical makeup. I chose, due to my heritage, to do a Viking Shieldmaiden. Apparently, historians often have trouble identifying women b/c they had strong facial structures, just like the men, hence the male-esque facial structure. The women would use berries to color their lips, and plant bits to make eye shadow. But the most interesting makeup to me was the eye-liner. Both men and women wore it heavily under their eyes to reduce glare on the battlefield, much as our football players do today. 
My research/reference photos (such as they are): 



And my completed makeup:


For this look, I used foundation, highlight, character shadow, eyeshadow, lipstick, and copious quantities of eyeliner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment